Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dirty Jobs

I was going to gather the family and neighbors together to watch the State of the Union address tonight, but my friend Mike needs my help with a few projects, and it sounds like more fun than cramming my fingers in my ears as The One flaps his lips.

Here's our first project: we'll be raking something gooey and tarry looking, while POTUS reads from the TOTUS.


Then we're planning on rolling around in coal dust or something equally icky, while Obama-Jama whines about George Bush.


 And while the Chicago Jesus throws spit wads at the Repubs and the bitter clingers (in his typical dignified fashion), Mike and I will be doing something with a toilet seat. I'm not sure what, but I'm quite certain it's not as germ-infested as sitting through the SOTU.


Afterwards, while the breathless media exults the wisdom and beneficence of The One, weeping and rending their clothing in shrieking ecstasy, Mike and I will each take a big slug of whateverthehell is in this glass-looking thingie. No matter what it is, it will be more palatable than whatever NBC is serving.



Hmm...it looks like Mike has shoveled most of Obama's speech right out the barn door with the rest of the stinky stuff!


A true American hero!


4 comments:

  1. Actually, I am trying to drag myself though De Tocqueville's 'Democracy In America' and already having a hard time when I realize, with each paragraph, just how far we have gone down the wrong road since the 1820's.

    Why would I trade watching a supposed American who has absolutely zero understanding of what America is and should be for a Frenchman dead for nearly 200 years who knew more than The Current Occupant will ever understand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every American should read De Tocqueville. His words are like a touchstone, and they re-energize me when I get discouraged.

    Obama is not an American. He does not understand us. He will never understand us. Why should I listen to his yammering? Bah.

    What do you all think about Rubio giving the response in both English and Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De Tocqueville observed us weird Americans with wonder and awe. Obama glares at us with utter loathing.

      Delete
    2. I do not think that a response should be given in any language but English.

      What he is doing is pandering to the same mindset that the Dems do, but without the added incentive of massive giveaways that they never hesitate to employ.

      Delete