Friday, December 10, 2010

How Cool Is This?


On Wednesday night Canadian Prime Minister, Stephen Harper performed a half hour pop/rock concert at the Conservative caucus Christmas party!

And if that isn't awesome enough, tonight I received a personal email from him thanking me for my support after his speech about anti-Semitism in November. I have sent a number of emails to the PM in support of his policies and speeches over the years and I normally receive a generic reply from the office of the PM. I had previously received the generic reply to this email as well. But tonight I got a personal reply from the PM himself:

December 9, 2010

Thank you for your correspondence regarding my address to the second annual conference of the Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Combating Anti-Semitism. I appreciated receiving your kind words of support.

It was an honour to speak to parliamentarians from around the globe as they met to discuss the struggle against hatred and intolerance. Canada was very proud to host this meeting.

Please be assured that our Government is committed to standing against those who threaten the Jewish people and to combating the spectre of anti-Semitism as it spreads. We have a solemn duty to defend the vulnerable, to challenge the aggressor, to promote human rights and to defend human dignity at home and abroad.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding my speech.

Sincerely,


The Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P.
Prime Minister of Canada


Colour me thrilled!

7 comments:

  1. Canada is led by a dynamic, charismatic leader who can rock out.

    Yep. Canada.

    OK.

    So, I'm thinking, sheesh, maybe these are the 'end times'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Fay!

    We have a super cool president too. Oh wait...no we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! Go PM Harper! (and very cool, Fay!)

    As an aside, his wife was definitely uncomfortable doing the introduction but she did it and the affection between them is obvious - that's good to see.

    lewy, I think Canada has finally come into its own, and this comment is telling... With a minority government, Harper has accomplished more than any Liberal PM ever did or promised they would do. Yup.

    We're blessed to have him - and I don't mean just Canada; because of his leadership, Canada has been taking the lead on the international stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any truth to the rumouuur that Harper will soon name Fay as an advisor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we know she's really smart, and she can rock out with ANY band...yep, I think the rumouuur is truuue!

    Mais peut-elle parler francais?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How refreshing! That's neat that you heard back from him personally, Fay.

    We have a super cool president too. Oh wait...no we don't.

    Word, lol!

    ReplyDelete