Sunday, August 15, 2010

**ALERT**TCKT MISSION CONTROL**ALERT**

**ULTRA TOP-SECRET**EYES ONLY**SECURITY CODE ALPHA VEEGER ALPHA




1724 Zulu:  TCKT Mission Control  has been monitoring unusual radio traffic originating 17.1 billion kilometers from the sun.  The traffic is broken and garbled.  All stations go to highest alert status.








 

1853 Zulu:  Unknown entity broadcasting radio traffic.  Entity has not achieved heliopause.  Revised estimate is 17.3 billion kilometers from the sun.  Language unknown.   Soundex: “habiat”.





 

2113 Zulu:  Confirm unknown object is Voyager 1 spacecraft.  Voyager 1 is transmitting radio signals to TCKT Mission Control.  The signal is garbled.  Attempting to fine tune signal.  All stations remain on highest alert.




 

2337 Zulu:  Our radio astronomy observatory on the Plains of San Augustin have locked on to the signal.  Awaiting translation…habiat…habirat…hapbiratt…




 

2359 Zulu:  Signal decoded!  Repeat:  Signal decoded! 
 

0000 Zulu:  For access to the decoded signal from the Voyager 1 Spacecraft:  all TCKT Mission Control Personnel are instructed to click on the “MORE” following this communiqué. 


VOYAGER 1 SAYS:




and so do all of us earthlings at TCKT Mission Control!



6 comments:

  1. Aww, that's so cute. Thanks for remembering. I put up my own pathtic Birthday post but your's is way betterer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt will love it, he's in bed right now but I know he'll see it in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I didn't guess the message at all until I read the "inside" :-)

    Happy, happy birthday, RadioMattM. You are a scholar and a gentleman, I'm glad to count you as a friend.

    Hugs to you today, and wishing you many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Matt! Everything florrie said!

    Wishing you a wonderful birthday, and a happy, healthy, and prosperous year! x-o-x-o :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A scholar and a gentleman? I sure have you fooled!

    Nah, I'll buy the "gentleman" part. My beautiful Wife deserves no less. And if it gets me x's and o's from the lovely ladies of TCKT I'll keep it up.

    Thank you all. It is a great joy to know you all.

    Now if I didn't have to wake up so ^&^%$& early on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Lady Red.

    I got the message at 'hapbirat' but ONLY because I'd just seen Fay's birthday greeting in the post above.

    So I will repeat:

    HAPPYBIRTHDAY, RADIO MATT!

    ReplyDelete