Saturday, June 11, 2022

Whacha talkin' about, Biden?

Back in my radio days, it was considered good practice to pre-read anything before reading it live on the air. 

I often would not heed that advice. One such time was when I was reading a story about Muhammad Ali having a match with a sumo wrestler. In the middle of a paragraph, the subject of the story became an upcoming Grand Prix race. The next paragraph switched back to the Ali match. That was a bit embarrassing to work my way around that live on the air.

This came to mind when I was listening to President Biden speaking at the latest PR disaster involving the administration. As shown in the beginning of the following video, Biden gets lost in his delivery. As I listened, I got the impression that he had never seen the words on the teleprompter before in his life.

I could drop a book on the floor and had a better time finding my place.

It is hard to understand why this happens. Are the President's handlers keeping the contents a secret from him? By doing this, it makes it more likely the Biden will speak off the cuff and say things that his spokespeople -- if they don't pass it off by saying they never heard him say that so they can't comment -- have to "clarify" or claim he that he did not mean what he clearly said.


...hear no stupidity....
 
The President has such a hard time keeping his train of thought on line that late-night sycophant Jimmy Kimmel cuts to a commercial to contain the toxic spill from the derailment.

 

"I hear the train derailing...."
 
What we are witnessing is sad. Hopefully we can start repairing the tracks in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment