Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Rivers of Blood"

Enoch Powell 1912 - 1998. British Conservative MP 1950 - 1974, was the subject of huge controversy because of his views on immigration.

He gave the "Rivers of Blood" speech on April 20, 1968.

Eerily prescient and accurate. G-d help us now.

A week or two ago I fell into conversation with a constituent, a middle-aged, quite ordinary working man employed in one of our nationalised industries.

After a sentence or two about the weather, he suddenly said: "If I had the money to go, I wouldn't stay in this country." I made some deprecatory reply to the effect that even this government wouldn't last for ever; but he took no notice, and continued: "I have three children, all of them been through grammar school and two of them married now, with family. I shan't be satisfied till I have seen them all settled overseas. In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man."

I can already hear the chorus of execration. How dare I say such a horrible thing? How dare I stir up trouble and inflame feelings by repeating such a conversation?

The answer is that I do not have the right not to do so. Here is a decent, ordinary fellow Englishman, who in broad daylight in my own town says to me, his Member of Parliament, that his country will not be worth living in for his children.

I simply do not have the right to shrug my shoulders and think about something else. What he is saying, thousands and hundreds of thousands are saying and thinking - not throughout Great Britain, perhaps, but in areas that are already undergoing the total transformation to which there is no parallel in a thousand years of English history.


Continued...

Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation to be permitting the annual inflow of some 50,000 dependants, who are for the most part the material of the future growth of the immigrant-descended population. It is like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we that we actually permit unmarried persons to immigrate for the purpose of founding a family with spouses and fiancés whom they have never seen.




5 comments:

  1. I like the first lines of the speech:

    The supreme function of statesmanship is to provide against preventable evils. In seeking to do so, it encounters obstacles which are deeply rooted in human nature."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good speech. Too bad no one listened back then; we may not be in this fight for survival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt that there is a Western pol alive today who has either the balls or the oratorical deftness to deliver such a speech...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lady red, the mantra "Enoch Powell was right" is becoming more and more popular in the UK.

    ReplyDelete