Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Great Depression of... 1920?

The more I learn, the more I learn we are not being told. Of course I had heard of the Great Depression of 1929. I had also heard of the great depression of 1898.

But I had never heard of the Depression of 1920.

How anyone can say that larger government is the solution to every problem is beyond me. Maybe it's because government is the main provider of education.

While I have been politically active in the past (I was a precinct committee officer for four years in the 1990's), I have never felt that I was the one to develop a political blueprint. After seeing what the Political Class has thrown down our throats, I am beginning to think that maybe the time has come for the individual -- the common citizen -- do just that.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Warren Gameliel Harding fixed that Great Depression right up - by doing NOTHING.
    He said no to all the demands that he fix it, that he raise taxes. What about money for the poor (fill in the blank here)? No.
    And it was over very quickly - and next came the Roaring 20s.
    Kinda funny how everyone talks about FDR - so far as presidential leadership through a depression goes, he was awful.

    ReplyDelete