Friday, February 19, 2010

Grandma's In Love

Instead of colored eggs, I'd like the Easter Bunny to leave one of these in my basket:



 


This little darling comes out in March in Wi-Fi, and in April in 3G.  It has tons of apps, including an e-reader:


Once you’ve bought a book, it’s displayed on your Bookshelf. Just tap it to start reading. The high-resolution, LED-backlit screen displays everything in sharp, rich color, so it’s easy to read, even in low light.


How awesome is that?    Prices start at $499, which puts is out of my "broke student" budget of $5.23 pocket money per semester, but I can still oooh and aaah....




3 comments:

  1. It's fifty degrees outside, the sun is shining, and my tulips are poking through the dirt.

    It's spring! It's really spring!

    /sob

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to try that back lit LCD thing before you ever buy one of these things...like red a book on your LCD monitor, for intance. I just did that and discovered it was very irritating to my eyes...like staring in to a light bulb. It took me well over 3 times as long to read the book than a paper print version. I'm told "Kindle" devices do not use the back lit technology and do not cause this effect....but you do need to use them in well lit rooms, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice, aridog. I'll definitely try one before I buy, although that won't be anytime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete