Thursday, January 12, 2012

The 'Stache Endorses Mittens!

Well, heavens to murgatroyd. I didn't see this coming at all, at least not in mid-January when the campaign cycle is in it's early days.

John Bolton, the hawkish former ambassador to the United Nations under George W. Bush, endorsed Mitt Romney Wednesday night. “I think Gov. Romney is the person who can best lead the party, best articulate our conservative principles and is most likely to beat Barack Obama,” Bolton told Greta Van Susteren on Fox News.

Maybe it's for the best. If Romney is to be our candidate, then we ALL need to get behind the guy. I know there is much concern that Tea Party types like me won't support another stinky candidate, but let me assure the R establishment that I would support a week-old grilled cheese sandwich if it would depose the Obama regime. I think a majority of the Ron Paul(!) supporters will too. They'd better, or we're screwed.


A "sprinkle of levity" bonus round! A piping hot cuppa Tetley's to the first person to name the Hanna-Barbera cartoon character who uttered the phrase "heavens to murgatroyd", and the two cartoons in which he appeared.

12 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm not liking the quirky new blogger "new post" format. The line breaks are funky, and so far I haven't figured out how to fix them. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...the post looks fine in HTML, and fine in compose. However, when I publish it, everything is smooshed together. Smooshed!

      Delete
    2. lady red - I added some line breaks - unsmooshed things a bit. Seemed to add OK for me.

      Delete
    3. Thank you lewy. I don't know why it wouldn't unsmoosh for me.

      Delete
  2. Two A-10s just went screaming over our rooftop. Now we're hearing what sounds like large caliber gunfire. WTH????

    It's snowy and windy here today. Military maneuvers in our neck of the woods are rare (I saw no markings on the aircraft), and there is no way anyone would be hunting in this wind and cold.

    With all the nutty stuff going on these days, I think I'm finally around the bend. :/

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Bolton was my original choice for president and I respect him greatly.

    I think Romney has the best chance of 1)beating Obama and 2) getting this economy turned around. I'm happy to give him my vote and hope he sails through the rest of the primaries with good wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Bolton too florrie. Wouldn't he be a GREAT SecState? I'd be ecstatic if Romney chose him for that position. And maybe Allen West for SecDef? Oooo, I'm feeling faint...;p

      I really think Romney will have to throw TPers a bone of some sort, maybe even two or three. Bolton and West would be an excellent way to do that. Promising to disband SPECIFIC gov't departments/agencies would be a yummy bone to toss to both TPers and libertarians.

      Delete
    2. John Bolton would certainly bring an immediate and refreshing dose of non-idiotarianism as US SecState. The IAEA, the EU, the OIC, etc. would just get shellacked- he'd eviscerate them all.

      One can but hope...

      Delete
  4. Lady Red, It just occurred to me -- isn't that Snaggle Puss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's SnagglePuss! He was a character on Quick Draw McGraw and Yogi Bear. :)

      Delete
  5. Only problem I see with the reply feature is how I sort through comments. I usually look at the side bar, find the last comment I read, then go sorting from there. With the replies there may be comments above that in the thread that I have to go back and look at.

    I'm sure that is not a probably that I can work around around with a change in "procedure."

    ReplyDelete