Wednesday, May 18, 2011

You Won't Believe This...

I couldn't get my mind around this story; it's wild and terrifying all at the same time.

Over the last couple of days the most incredible story has made it to the Israeli headlines:a series of mafia attacks on various targets were planned to be blamed on "price tag" retaliatory attacks by rightists. The pinnacle of these attacks was to be the bombing of the Hassan Bek Mosque in Jaffa.  The whole story reads like something out of an unlikely crime novel.

Read the rest at Annie's Opinions.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you for the link Lady Red! Fame at last! ;;)

    Seriously, c'mon over everyone and read the story. You'll hardly believe it. The more I read the more convoluted the story became.

    What shocks me the most is the cynicism of the lawyer - how he was prepared to ignite a third intifada and huge civil strife,even civil war, just for his own personal gain. It's beyond criminal. Psychopathic is probably nearer the mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a story, a case of true life being stranger than fiction!!

    There's even a personal tinge to the story with the plot to kill the ex-wife's spouse.

    Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi florrie, it's the craziest story I've read in our local news. And that's in a crazy country!

    You noticed that I had a reader from Cairo. I didn't want to scare him/her away so I'll comment here. My Cairo reader seems to be a regular. I've also had a repeat from Saudi Arabia, and a few one-offs from Beirut and even Damascus (!). I thought internet access had been cut off in Syria. Oh, and I've had a returning visitor from Pakistan. One of Bin Laden's pals ya think? :-o

    I'd love to find out how they found my blog. Probably by accident is my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. annie, I have seen your "visitor counter" and it's really amazing. You truly ARE an international blog!!

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete