Monday, February 8, 2010

PA's King Of Pork Dead At 77

Representative John Murtha (D,Pa) , long a thorn in the eyes of advocates of limited, honest government, has died at the age of 77.

Having been investigated in connection with Abscam, and holding on to his seat with massive infusions of federal spending in his districts, Murtha will be missed by Unions, Liberals, Peaceniks, as well as his family, of course.

However, those of us who do not like his style of governance, can look forward to another PA Democrat politician, Philly Fats (aka, Governor 'Fast Eddie' Rendell) appointing someone as close in dishonesty as he can find to replace Murtha.

You may remember Murtha as the one who slimed the good name of the Marines who were accused of murder in Fallujah, DESPITE the fact that he was once a decorated Marine, himself.

Making him, so far as I know, the only true EX-Marine in existence.

9 comments:

  1. And of course I erred, in that it was the Marines charged in Haditha, not Fallujah, that he slimed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow I will call the kid who used to work with me, and became a PA State Rep, to find out if Fast Eddie gets to appoint, or if the will be a special election.

    Sad to say I am already pretty sure that Philadelphia Fats gets to appoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be aware that, even if there is a special election, it is only in his district, not state-wide.

    So it will be the same people who voted him in, over and over, making the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have anything nice to say about Murtha, so I shall refrain from saying anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read that there is a special election in 60 days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Levi - I hope so. Murtha was elected by the skin of his false teeth, last time, and I hope that the general disgust with DC Business As Usual, will carry into this election.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite his earlier service, he besmirched my Corps. Nothing nice to say here either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I don't have anything nice to say about Murtha, so I shall refrain from saying anything at all."

    Same here, lady red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish his family comfort. That's what I have to say.

    ReplyDelete