Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Brief Unguided Tour of Sissinghurst


Since everyone enjoyed that peaceful photo of Sissinghurst that Fay posted a few days ago in honor of our favorite RN, I thought I would post some video that I shot a few years ago.

A few notes:

It was a windy day and the audio is just the raw sound complete with wind nose.

If you watch the video full screen mode, some of the panning shots may cause vertigo.

This was late August, so it was a bit late in the season. While a little past their prime, the gardens were still lovely.


In any event, I hope you enjoy it.

8 comments:

  1. I adore Sissinghurst, too bad we were there a little late in the season. Although it is still breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gardens are so peaceful and beautiful. I smiled every time I heard your voice Fay. :-)

    I so enjoyed talking to you both on Sunday. You are amazing friends (as is everyone here!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Matt, really fabulous. And fabulous editing.

    I've been out walking in the Rose Gardens and the Japanese Garden... We're having the same exact weather right now in Portland... fair, but a bit windy... still very green, but you can hear the dryness starting to creep into the leaves...

    ...beautiful. And fading. And foreboding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn's arrival is always foreboding. We are all still enough of unlettered troglodytes to wonder if spring will come again.

      Idea # 472, which is yet another reason for me to retire from daily work and start writing, even if no-one other than my friends here ever gets to read it

      Delete
    2. Actually, I should say, if anyone else ever cares to read it

      Delete
    3. And no, that was not a call for compliments, so please do not take it as such

      Delete
    4. DWT, I love your writing, and I'm always delighted when you share it with us!

      Delete