Saturday, December 22, 2012

Larry Correia On Gun Control

Good morning friends! I've stumbled across an outstanding essay about gun control in America, and I'd like to share it with you. You might want to pour yourself a big cup of coffee, or brew a cuppa tea...it's long.

I didn’t want to post about this, because frankly, it is exhausting. I’ve been having this exact same argument for my entire adult life. It is not an exaggeration when I say that I know pretty much exactly every single thing an anti-gun person can say. I’ve heard it over and over, the same old tired stuff, trotted out every single time there is a tragedy on the news that can be milked. Yet, I got sucked in, and I’ve spent the last few days arguing with people who either mean well but are uninformed about gun laws and how guns actually work (who I don’t mind at all), or the willfully ignorant (who I do mind), or the obnoxiously stupid who are completely incapable of any critical thinking deeper than a Facebook meme (them, I can’t stand).
Regardless of which side of the debate you're on, this guy's post is jam-packed with information.

4 comments:

  1. That piece is 10,00 words and my computer has been giving me fits today, but it is well worth the time it took to read it. Thanks you Lady Red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read it earlier, LR, but much agree.

    And it's all common sense, to me.

    Regretfully, for a seeming majority of our fellow citizens, it is their sense of evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys found it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best in-depth thing I have read about gun control. Period. Well worth the time and I'm passing in on to others, thanks so much for posting it, lady red. Aridog briefly went over some of his most important points in a previous post, thanks to him as well. I want to be informed and make the right choices.

    ReplyDelete