Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Evening Steyn


I was on a very long flight the other day and, to get me through it, I had two books: the new bestseller Of Thee I Zing by Laura Ingraham, and a book I last read twenty years ago, The Radetzky March by Joseph Roth. The former is the latest hit from one of America’s most popular talk radio hosts; the latter is an Austrian novel from 1932 by a fellow who drank himself to death just before the Second World War, which, if you’re planning on drinking yourself to death, is a better pretext than most. Don’t worry, I’ll save the Germanic alcoholic guy for a couple of paragraphs, although the two books are oddly related.

Excuse me while I indulge myself with a contented sigh as I curl up with some dark chocolate and Mark Steyn. Read the rest here.

11 comments:

  1. I don't know which picture looks yummier! Hee hee... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late! He's sitting right next to me, grinning. ;))

    He knows he's my one and only. :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't know which picture looks yummier!"

    I do.

    And it begins with the initials Mark Steyn ;;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take Mark over the chocolates.

    *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just received his new book a couple weeks ago. Personalized. To me. From him.

    *swoon again*

    Of course, I have the most wonderful man on earth as a husband. He's understanding and knows I have a big time crush on Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This thread just had me smiling ear to ear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pic, Steyn has a lot of style, and I am not speaking of just his writing.


    I'll take Steyn and HIM giving me the box of truffles.AND, I will cook for him a home made meal anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK: conservative politics + lefty beard = TCKT girl swoon. Got it. ;)

    ReplyDelete