Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Go On, Take The Money And Run

Just when I thought Wisconsin union members couldn't get any more self-centered, up pops a story about thousands of teachers running for the exits rather than chip in for their benefits package:

When students return Thursday for the first day of school across Wisconsin, many familiar faces will be gone, as teachers chose retirement over coming back in the wake of a new law that forces them to pay more for benefits while taking away most of their collective bargaining rights.

Oh, heaven forfend!


7 comments:

  1. NIce poster. Though a high school drop-out in my day, I believe, know actually, I still learned more than most in a similar situation today. I attuned for my sins, somewhat, by being an autodidact, as previously mentioned.

    By the way, Fay. 'Bricks in the wall' has been the only song in my mind for the last several days. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forfend? Well... there's been a superfluity of SAT vocab words of late...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^^ For us non Americans, what does this mean?^^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah - SAT - the standardized tests we take to get into college - "SAT vocab words" - words we learn primarily to score well on the SAT...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never used "forfend" in real life. Neither have I used "superfluity". Except just now.

    I kinda like "condign", though, and I plan on using it at the next opportunity. "Conflate" is very useful as so many people do so damn much conflating these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autodidact is as autodidact does. ;)

    ReplyDelete