Monday, August 22, 2011

Glenn Beck: Restoring Courage

Annie caught me this morning just as I was walking out the door with these awesome links to Glenn Beck's Restoring Courage event.

From IsraellyCool:

I don’t really know how more clear Glenn Beck could make his intentions than what he said last night. I’ll paraphrase: he loves Jews AS Jews in Israel and has no desire to convert us. Clear enough? Anybody who still doesn’t believe him is malicious or completely incapable of taking honest people at their word.

MyRightWord:

Fears of sneak proselyzting or missionary work were not only unfounded but dashed. I think the Christian speakers were more pro-Jewish than the Rabbi Shlomo Riskin, in a sense.

Haaretz:

The evening's opening act, a dissection of Israel's significance that felt more like a news channel studio debate than a live show, was followed by video footage of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as he vowed that "Jerusalem must never be divided." This statement won the first of many raucous rounds of applause of the night.

It seems Beck is a smash hit with our Jewish friends, and I'm tickled to see it. Go Glenn!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this, annie and lady red. I have lost track of Glenn since he went off the air at FNC and I don't get up early enough to catch his radio show.

    I did know about him going to Israel and only wished I could have gone as well (then dropped in on annie for some chicken soup, lol!!!). The left will hate him no matter what he does because the fear him. I loved this:

    "I think the Christian speakers were more pro-Jewish than the Rabbi Shlomo Riskin, in a sense." :-)

    I'm going to go read the rest of the articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am an Israeli too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the links florrie, Lady Red, Matt et al. Glen Beck has had a very positive reception here - there's much less political correctness here - plus, we're happy to accept friendship wherever we can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... no disrespect... but since annie has forgotten more than I will ever learn about being an Israeli, I will content myself with remaining an American - annie et al having the whole being-Israeli thing covered.

    I think Beck is emblematic of the strain of pro-Israeli sentiment which is endogenous and authentic within a broad cross-section of traditional Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lewy, Matt and I were echoing Pastor Hegge's sentiments :-) He was the highlight of the show, according to the articles.

    ReplyDelete