Sunday, August 15, 2010

While I wish I could say this guy doesn't surprise me anymore....

After saying "Our capacity to show not merely tolerance, but respect to those who are different from us — a way of life that stands in stark contrast to the nihilism of those who attacked us on that September morning, and who continue to plot against us today," the President is now saying "I was not commenting on the wisdom; I was commenting on the right."

A White House spokesman later said "What he said last night, and reaffirmed today, is that if a church, a synagogue or a Hindu temple can be built on a site, you simply cannot deny that right to those who want to build a mosque."

Yes, but would a church, synagogue, or a Hindu Temple have gotten the fast track that the mosque has, or would it have been tied up in planning department red tape and probable litigation for years to come?

"Just to show you hold no hard feelings against the guy who burglarized me, I have given him the keys to my house."

4 comments:

  1. Makes me want to puke, it does.

    Mel at Gay Conservative writes about this fairly often. I love Mel - well, actually, I adore all the GC writers, they are awesome folk.

    http://gayconservative.org/2010/08/13/desecrating-ground-zero/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that site, AFW. I was going to add it to the list on the right side of our page, but my laptop went into its "Oh, you want to do something?" mode.

    BTW, have you thought of writing book? It sure seems that you have a way with words that would add humor to social comentary, perhaps a bit Twain-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I was going to add it to the list on the right side of our page"

    Done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking: wouldn't it be something if Democrats were just as concerned with the rights of the average American citizen to build things on his own property?

    ReplyDelete