Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Geek Heaven, Part II



Look, a tiefling!



Not directly! She'll see you!

See that tail, cutter? It means she's the spawn of some demon-kin, sure enough to rip your guts out as look at ye. Mind yer tongue.

Annah is the first major character you run into in Planescape:Torment, and you have no bloody idea who she is. She can take you or leave you and you don't know which way to turn.

Nordom: Attention; Morte. I have a question. Do you have a destiny? A
purpose?
Morte: Is Annah still wearing clothes?
Nordom: Affirmatory.
Morte: Then the answer is yes
.

It's close to 13 years since Planescape was released, and still young men are drawing her.



And her song lingers in your ears, all these years later.



Voiced by the then-unknown Sheena Easton, Annah of the Shadows is one of the greatest characters ever created in game history, yet if you don't answer a few questions correctly you will pass her by.

Transcendent One: Does he really *matter* to you?
Annah: He matters more to me than life!
Transcendent One: Then die.


The good ol' days in gaming history.

6 comments:

  1. I apologize if gaming stories are too off topic here. I am re-visiting the old games and want to share the things I love with old comrades, I hope that is okay.

    For those interseted in playing the best game of all time, Planescape is available at Good Old Games (gog.com), rigged to work on modern machines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man does not live on politics alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit that I've never played any of these games, mostly because of time crunch and a fear of getting sucked in (as in "too much fun"). When...er, if I retire, I'd love to play this one!

    Thanks for posting such a fun thread Jourdan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Matt said. B'sides, reality is way overrated.

    [How's your new computer, Jourdan?!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. My new computer is just awe inspiring. I paid waaay too much for it, but, then again, ever time is see this polished steel monilith shredding everything game designers can throw at it without breaking a sweat....priceless.

    It's a Falcon Northwest, Mach V. Made in beautiful Medford, Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jourdan said...

    My new computer is just awe inspiring. I paid waaay too much for it, ...

    Now I know you know that, in computers, you get what you pay for :D

    However, "this polished steel monolith" is "prolly" indicative of borderline obsession. =))

    ReplyDelete