Saturday, March 8, 2014

Friday Night Bread and Music

The last three weeks have spurred two new passions for me. The first is home made bread. Artisan, 7 Grain whole wheat and Sourdough sandwich loaves so far! The Artisan was great, crunchy and chewy, the 7 grain were a little less successful(didn't rise as much as I hoped) The Sourdough (home made starter) were a great success also, dense, sour and crusty! Herewith, the Artisan.

 
The second passion is Paolo Nutini. Can't believe I never knew about this guy before. It took me a while to figure out why he sounds so different and unique. Then I realised he sings with a Scottish accent! Yes, Paolo Nutini is Scottish. Strange and wonderful. And oh so easy on the eyes ladies :)



6 comments:

  1. mmmmmm.... breaeaeaeaead.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great sourdough starter sent to me from Florida - made one loaf of bread soon after moving back to PA, then my mother threw it all out in a fridge cleaning frenzy because there was mold on top

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I'm late to the party! The bread looks absolutely delicious Fay! I love baking bread too. I don't have any sourdough starter at the moment; now I'm in the mood to get some fermenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not new to bread making but haven't done it for ages. Now I have rediscovered the "joy" of baking :)

      Delete
  4. I love his smooth voice. As soon as he started singing I closed my eyes and drifted away. Easy on the ears, easy on the eyes...great find Fay!

    ReplyDelete