Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mark Steyn puts his finger on it.

On the global scene, America has imploded: Its leaders have no grasp of its national interests, never mind any sense of how to achieve them.
In a nutshell: yeah, that's it. There isn't much consensus on what our objectives should be, let alone what we should do to advance them.

E.g. we have McCain meeting with the Islamist rebels in Syria fighting the military dictator, and then promptly meeting with the military dictatorship in Egypt fighting their Islamist rebels.

I'm not 100% on board with Rand Paul's isolationism but the "hawks" aren't making any coherent case I can understand, much less agree with.

1 comment:

  1. General Sisi, I should add, is Egypt’s new strongman, not Putin’s characterization of Obama.

    ...and there went my coffee all over my desk. :))

    I think I've always had one foot in the isolationism camp. It rankles me that so much of our national treasure is squandered in corrupt and uncivilized areas of the globe.

    The al-Selecta mobs in Selectistan work themselves into a frothing America-despising tizzy no matter what we do. Let's give 'em something to whine about.

    ReplyDelete