Wednesday, September 14, 2011

He Won!

Back in June I did a post about one of the contestants auditioning for this season of America’s Got Talent.” His name was Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. who came on the stage and shocked everyone.

Landau only got better as the season went along. Last night he gave his final judged performance.



The final show was tonight, and, as is custom on the show, he did a performance with one of his idols.



A different type of song than he has been doing, but he still brings the right amount of skill and emotion to it – earning respect from a renowned diva – and getting a standing ovation in the process.

He won it all. Landau certainly had the “I wouldn’t be watching this show if it weren’t for him” vote. His humility was a pleasure to see all season. You could tell how much he cared for the other contestants and how much they cared for him. The right person won, and there was stiff competition this year.

I see an addition to my CD collection in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very glad that Landau won, he deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti Labelle was extremely gracious.

    Some of today's "divas" could do with emulating her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr! I saw his final performance; it was incredible. I knew would win...he deserved to win.

    He's an amazing man, and I wish him all the success in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.

    The thing is, I just don't watch TV anymore - it's just not part of my routine at all.

    I didn't think I was giving up much, but I'm sorry I missed this - and I'm very grateful to Matt for posting it! Thanks Matt!

    ReplyDelete