Thursday, September 16, 2010

A French Joke

My current Germanic hosts have many virtues, but humor is not one of them. To say these people are not funny is not enough. One must say instead that these people ARE. NOT. FUNNY.

Even that doesn't quite convey the magnitude of the lack of humor.

Fortunately, for me there are other Europeans who are funny. I particularly like this French joke making the rounds:

During the first day of school in a Paris “banlieue”, a teacher reads out the names.

Mustapha El Ekhzeri?

Present.

Achmed El Cabul?

Present.

Kadir Sel Ohlmi?

Present.

Mohammed Endahrha?

Present.

Ala In Ben Oit?

Silence.

He repeats, Ala In Ben Oit?

No one in class answers.

For the last time, says the teacher, Ala In Ben Oit?

Suddenly a boy from the back of the class stands up and tells the prof, “It’s me, but my name is pronounced Alain Benoit.”

4 comments:

  1. LOL! It's even funnier if you know how to pronounce C'est moi, mais je m'appelle Alain Benoit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it funnier than it is frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing and cringing all at the same time!

    It's good to see you, Jourdan. Is everything going well for you and your family?

    ReplyDelete