Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I am mad as hell and I won't take it anymore.

I realize the last time I posted an Andrew Klaven video it went over like a cherry bomb in a high school restroom toilet, but there is one that I would like to post now.

There is much ado about the Supreme Court's decision that said that a business should not be required to pay for the birth control for an employee's sex life. I have seen it said that since birth control pills can only be obtained by a doctor's prescription that it must be a medical condition that should be covered by medical insurance, which, of course means that it must be paid for by employers.  If an employer chooses to pay for birth control an employer certainly has that right. But I submit that most reasonable people would respect an employer's moral position and pay the $9.00 a month it takes to buy it for themselves.

Just for the record (I looked it up), in most states, Botox must be administered by a doctor. In those states where it need not be administered by a doctor, it must be administered by another health care professional. No, you cannot go down to a beauty salon and get a Botox injection for $9.00 a month. So I guess that means that Botox is a Constitutional right as well.

The thing that prompted me to post this Andrew Klaven video was a comment I read on FaceBook that said, essentially, that war was disgusting and against the poster's moral principals, and therefore he should not have to pay for it. I must say, however, that the documents of the founding fathers says that one of the duties of the Federal government is to protect the public welfare -- which may, as Klaven points out, involve war.

How anyone can say "An employer has no business in anyone's bedroom, except that the employer is required to pay for the results of what happens in that bedroom" is beyond me. Not only is that hypocritical, but it also amazes me how such people are willing to surrender their freedoms to the government because the government "takes care of them." In other words, an employer has no business anywhere near someone's personal life (even though he must foot the bill whether he wants to or not), but the Federal government does (because they supposedly foot the bill by giving you your own money back). Look at the justification for a government's banning of soft drinks over 16 ounces. 

At any rate, here is Mr. Klaven. If you do not like Klaven's snarky tone, well sorry about that.

Sometimes the truth is best told with a snarky tone.

 

My quick view of medical insurance is that it takes care of a situation where someone's body is doing something that it should not be doing, or is not doing something that it should be doing. The reason for a man and a woman to have sex is to reproduce. Getting pregnant is part of that cycle. Birth control is designed to stop a human body from doing what it is naturally designed to do. I am not casting aspersions on people who use birth control as such, merely on those who hold no personal responsibility for the consequences of their own actions.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the video.

    From everything I've read it seems that basic contraception is not on the table, i.e. that is covered (16 to 20 different types). The medication in question was the abortifacients (morning after pill) which is still available to Hobby Lobby employees but is not paid for by Hobby Lobby premiums...hmmm...not sure how that works.

    Anyway, Hobby Lobby employees have full coverage for birth control. I'm not sure what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is those damed religious people who seem to think that freedom to practice their religion is somehow protected by the Constitution. Imagine that.

      Delete
  2. Matt - Is there a transcript available? I'm having trouble with the video.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can find one. It is an older video.

      Delete
  3. Good video Matt. He really nails it.

    Freedom of religion is not under assault. Christianity is under assault, although the left won't admit it. For example, my aunt posted a comment on FB this morning indignantly huffing that she will not be shopping at Hobby Lobby. Of course a few of her elitist, progressive friends chimed in with similar indignation and vows of boycotting HL. I commented, asking if their boycott was only HL, or if all Christian-owned businesses were being targeted. I even had the gall to ask if the boycott extended to Buddhist, Hiddu, and Sihk businesses.

    Yep, you guessed it. Crickets.

    This stuff is so idiotic that it makes my eyeballs bleed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend on FB posted a quote from Michelle Bachman where she said how unemployment could be greatly reduced if the minimum wage were eliminated. My friend's, and the other comment, of course, was along the lines of what and idiot Bachman was. I posted a comment that if my friend could point out what she took issue with I would be willing to consider it.

      Delete