Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Many Beneficial Effects of Being an Empty Suit

The BBC breathlessly reports:

The head of the US Senate intelligence committee has publicly accused the CIA of improperly accessing computers used by congressional staff.
Senator Dianne Feinstein said on the Senate floor that such activities "may have undermined the constitutional framework" of government oversight.
The Senate panel was investigating allegations of abuse during a CIA detention and interrogation programme.
A CIA internal watchdog has been tasked with looking into the alleged hacking.
"I am not taking it lightly," Ms Feinstein said of the matter on Tuesday, adding that the CIA may have violated federal laws in its alleged conduct.
But CIA director John Brennan rejected the Senate allegations. "The CIA was in no way spying... on the Senate," he told MSNBC on Tuesday.
The agency is accused of secretly removing documents from computers used by the Senate intelligence committee during an investigation into alleged CIA abuse.
Those computers were provided by the CIA to congressional members of staff at a secure site so that Senate investigators could review millions of pages of top secret documents.
The alleged CIA abuse stemmed from a detention and interrogation programme under former President George W Bush.

President of the United States Barack Obama has been in charge of the Central Intelligence Agency since January 21, 2009, a period of more than five years.

Neither his name nor his office appear in this article.  However, the article does name former President George W. Bush.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. obtw if we have a new constitution, can we please start numbering the articles at zero, like every sane indexing scheme supported by programming languages for the last forty years?

      besides "Article Zero" just sounds so cool...

      Delete
    2. pfft..important matters of state indeed. You knows nuthin' my man lewy. If you talking IMPORTANTcheck this out. I'm so embarrassed for the POTUS and I'm not even American.

      Delete
    3. You know, I kinda like this piece - I hadn't deigned to watch it but I'm glad I did.

      I can see why so many people like Barack Obama. In fact I kinda like Barack Obama.

      I mean, people like charming bullshit artists. I should know. I'm a charming bullshit artist, and people seem to like me just fine.

      It's just that... that guy - the charming bullshit artist that everybody likes - did we have to elect him president?

      Seriously?

      Delete
    4. Um, yeah. As long as he's taking care of important matters....

      I don't like BO. He's not even a good BS artist, IMO. He's fake. Plastic. His feeble attempts at empathy fall flat. He's wildly floundering in the deep end of the pool and is too vain and stupid to yell for help. The Great Orator is utterly lost without the hand-holding of a teleprompter. The dude is so inept at public speaking that he can't even spell simple words. He's a deer caught in the headlights. He has no clue how to conduct himself as a head of state, and thinks that idiotic video clips will endear him to "the people". He's so insecure that he bows to every despot and dictator he stumbles across. It's painfully obvious that his native culture is not "American". I could go on and on, but I'll spare you how I REALLY feel. :D

      Delete
  2. I snorted when I read that Obama's CIA is spying on congress. Good! If we ever get a justice department that cares about fulfilling its mission, maybe a few of these elitist career criminals will end up in ye olde slammer.

    ReplyDelete