Thursday, July 8, 2010

Welcome To My Nightmare

It's hard to believe that someone actually read the pile of crap that's masquerading as a financial reform bill, but Diana Furchtgott-Roth went digging for tidbits about derivatives...and guess what she found?  I can see you shaking your head and muttering "now what?" as you pour yourself a stiff adult beverage and settle into your comfy chair.  Well, I'll tell you what she found, hidden deep within the jargon:  quotas!  Racial quotas, and gender quotas!  Woo-hoo!  Aren't you happy?  I'm so ecstatic I could...er, never mind.

In addition to this bill's well-publicized plans to establish over a dozen new financial regulatory offices, Section 342 sets up at least 20 Offices of Minority and Women Inclusion. This has had no coverage by the news media and has large implications.

The Treasury, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the 12 Federal Reserve regional banks, the Board of Governors of the Fed, the National Credit Union Administration, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau...all would get their own Office of Minority and Women Inclusion.

Office of Minority and Women Inclusion.

Wow.  Quite an Orwellian title, isn't it?  Kinda makes the hair stand up on the back your neck and your tummy do the jitterbug.  Blurp.  I wonder if we'll get an Office of Minority and Women Inclusion in my little town? 


1 comment:

  1. "I wonder if we'll get an Office of Minority and Women Inclusion in my little town? "
    Of course you will lady red, the office door already has your name on it.

    But seriously, that is pretty scary stuff.

    I thank my lucky stars every day that the fiscally conservative, moral, zionist loving, troop supporting, tax cutting, Albertan, Stephen Harper is MY Prime Minister.

    ReplyDelete