Monday, June 28, 2010

In The Blog world, It's Called An Echo Chamber

Stanford researchers have released a study of the relative 'expertise' of pro-anthropogenic climate change believers and those who are unconvinced, using as their measure the number of times research papers by each were quoted in other research papers.

In electronics, that is called positive feedback, and it does not work as a control mechanism.

When I  am trying to make a political statement, I will be far more likely to quote Mark Steyn than Rachel Maddow.  It does not speak to the relative correctness of the statement, but to my personal political bent.

And I am sorry to say that scientists have become so politicized (follow the money) that I no longer see tham as dispassionate seekers of truth, but as simply another group with an agenda that it is trying to push on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment