Sunday, February 7, 2010

Corpseman Walking

The brilliant Mark Steyn takes a candid look at Obama & Friends: 

The palpable whiff given off by the White House inner circle is that they’re the last people on the planet still besotted by Barack Obama, and that they’re having such a cool time starring in their own reality-show remake of The West Wing they can only conceive of the public — and, indeed, the world — as crowd-scene extras in The Barack Obama Show: They expect you to cheer and wave flags when the floor-manager tells you to, but the notion that in return he should be able to persuade you of the merits of his policies seems entirely to have eluded them.

This is a perfect description of the clowns in Washington, and why we stare at them with total disbelief and disgust.  And this yummy snippet:

Obama’s spending proposes to take the average Bush deficit for the years 2001–2008, and double it, all the way to 2020. To get out of the Bush hole, we need to dig a hole twice as deep for one-and-a-half times as long. And that’s according to the official projections of his Economics Czar, Ms. Rose Colored-Glasses. By 2015, the actual hole may be so deep that even if you toss every Obama speech down it on double-spaced paper you still won’t be able to fill it up.

Your paycheck?  Your retirement?  An education for your kids and your grandkids?  Down the Obama hole!  Read the whole thing; it's chock-full of Steyn goodness.

21 comments:

  1. Yeah, I read that already. I think there is a minimum daily requirement for vitamin Steyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love listening to him when he fills in for Rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Mark Steyn's fill ins better than I like Rush's show, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, AFW, but I suppose it is one thing to fill in every now and then and another to do it daily.

    I also like Walter Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Or as the president called him, “Corpseman Bouchard.” Twice."

    L-M-A-O

    And this is the "brilliant" leader? Why didn't the teleprompter tell him how to pronounce it? Must have been a Bush teleprompter. Better get a new phonetic one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark is such a fabulous writer and spot on.

    "The president tells us, with a straight face, that his grossly irresponsible profligate wastrel of a predecessor took the federal budget on an eight-year joyride, so the only way his sober, fiscally prudent successor can get things under control is to grab the throttle and crank it up to what Mel Brooks in Spaceballs (which seems the appropriate comparison) called “Ludicrous Speed.”

    It's a great enjoyment to read him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also loved that 2nd paragraph lady red highlighted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Yeah, I read that already. I think there is a minimum daily requirement for vitamin Steyn."

    Well-said, Matt, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. afw & Matt,

    Mark is my favorite fill in too, but W. Williams runs a close second. Any others, I don't usually listen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I think the "undocumented talk-show host" is such a treat precisely because he is on only occasionally. When I hear he's hosting, I listen to the whole show (whereas I do skip it sometimes when it's just Majarushie).

    Mea maxima culpa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo! I got the whole place to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OT - Fay, I just took a pizza out of the oven, your recipe. I made one substitution - turkey sausage for the artichokes - for my better half. It's delish, TY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, Florrie. Take your feet off the coffee table. Just because you have the place to yourself is no reason to act like me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you enjoyed the pizza florrie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I put some eye candy up on the front page for the EWOK's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "OK, Florrie. Take your feet off the coffee table. Just because you have the place to yourself is no reason to act like me!"

    I thought no one was watching, tee hee.

    I only watch the last 5 minutes of the superbowl and only if it's close. I have enough daylight left to go throw a few more loads of fir branches in the truck.

    later!

    (and thanks to Fay for posting dreamboat's picture, sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  17. flo: (whereas I do skip it sometimes when it's just Majarushie)

    Limbaughnanda?

    ReplyDelete
  18. "and thanks to Fay for posting dreamboat's picture, sigh..."

    The pleasure's all mine florrie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't need to look here for eye candy. I can just look at Fay in real life.

    ReplyDelete