Thursday, November 18, 2021

Please forgive me for not listening.

Many Hollywood actors are vehemently against gun rights.They give us, the unsophisticated, lectures about how dangerous guns are.

You all know the recent event with one such actor, Alec Baldwin. I have been told by many people in on-line discussions that movies makers are exempt from exercising safe gun procedures. From what I have been told, I would have been safer at the OK Corral on that October day in 1881 than I would be on a movie set. 

But that is acceptable. After all, they are our superiors. They are allowed to behave that way. And they have their armed guards to protect them.  Make no mistake about it, they are more intelligent than we are so we are supposed to obey their edicts.

While you and I are stupid enough to know that you don't point a gun at anything you aren't willing to shoot, and you do not put your finger inside the trigger guard until you are prepared to shoot, Alec Baldwin is exempt from such a trivial detail. So is Thomas Binger, the lead prosecutor in the Kyle Rittenhouse charade. As I am sure you have seen, he picked up Rittenhouse's AR15 and pointed it at the jury -- with his finger on the trigger. I have been assured that he "reasonably" believed that the gun was unloaded. I naively pointed out that no one is to "reasonably" believe any such thing.

I have pointed out more than once that two of the basic laws of gun safety are:

1. Until proven otherwise, assume a gun is loaded.

2. If a gun is shown to be unloaded, treat it as if it is loaded.

But still, the shooting on the movie set was not Baldwin's fault. It was the fault of the young armorer. It's not as if Baldwin was the producer of the film who's parsimonious nature and arrogant behavior drove most of the experienced crew members off the set.

And just so you know, self defence is like the Salem Witch Trials. Just as anyone accused of witchcraft was thrown in a river and would be considered a witch if she survived but would be cleared of the charge if she drowned, Prosecutor Binger made it clear that if you have a tool with which to defend yourself, you have forfeited the right to defend yourself.

There are people who make statements about the Rittenhouse case that anyone who has even half paid attention to the videos coming from the trial would know were not true.

Along with this nonsense, I still see questions online asking why Donald Trump has not been arrested for treason when it has been 100% proven that he colluded with the Russian government to win the 2016 election.

I am certainly willing to have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion than mine. All I ask is that they have a basic understanding of the facts. They usually don't. They tell me that Alec Baldwin was a poor innocent bystander in the death of Halyna Hutchins. They tell me that Kyle Rittenhouse was gunning people down indiscriminately.

This is not a new phenomenon. Four years ago I responded to some comments on Facebook about how Trump supporters were committing hate crime after hate crime. I pointed out that most, if not all, such "hate crimes" were hoaxes. I was called a conspiracy theorist. 

None are so blind as those who will not see. I don't know what is worse, thinking that people are really that stupid or that they are doing it on purpose.

Either way, i need to remind myself to ignore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment