Monday, April 28, 2014

Geek Heaven #12, and an Update

My dear and long-time online friends,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that after a few very rough weeks, my wife and I have reconciled and are moving forward together. We are moving to Lima, Peru in four weeks, and we will be posted there four years. The future is still not assured; however, we have both examined our lives and our vows and have decided to stay together and remain married.

To lighten the mood after such dramatic posting, may I present some of my favorite music from the world of gaming?

First, the title song of Troika Games' remarkable Arcanum


Next, the title song of Black Isle Studios' classic, thought by many to be the best computer game ever made, Planescape: Torment.


Finally, after weeks of crossing Icewind Dale's unforgiving tundra, frozen to your bones, you approach the town of Kuldahar, its giant oak tree looming impossibly high. You see the flowers, the vines and the green grass of the town in the distance. You have heard of this remarkable tree, said to have been left by the god Silvanus, the lord of nature, and its life-giving warmth, but seeing it is quite another thing.  You approach, enraptured.....from Black Isle Studios' Icewind Dale







5 comments:

  1. Very good news. I am happy to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jourdan, very happy indeed - very happy for all of you.

    I like the game themes btw - sounds like some of the psybient/downtempo/chillstep stuff I listen to endless hours of on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jourdan, I'm so happy to hear your good news! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I was just catching up on the posts and saw that you have in fact reconciled!
    That's wonderful news, Jourdan, I'm so happy for all of you. I see by the date of this post that you must be getting ready to move to Lima this week! Stay safe and I hope you keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for the games, heh heh, I am an ace at the mindless game (I know you're all snickering) ZUMA. I am the Queen of Zuma.

    ReplyDelete