Monday, March 14, 2016

Karma

I despise being tailgated! Some nights I'll be toodling to work at 55-60 mph, and some jerk will come up against my damn bumper, blinding me with their headlights as well as scaring me. I've often wondered if they would do that if they knew that the person they were terrorizing could be the nurse/doctor/deputy who later will be working to save their loved one's life with shaky hands and a raging headache.

Anyway, this guy or gal gets his dose of karma. I'm glad he didn't careen into traffic. I was a bit amazed at the cars that zipped on by without stopping to render aid, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they called for help.


2 comments:

  1. I've been known to tap my brakes if I get really incensed, but I know how dangerous that can be. I've also been known to display my thumb and forefinger in the shape of a gun in front of my rear-view mirror.

    If it's daylight, usually giving them "the look" in the mirror works very well. I must have a mean one, because they back the hell off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bodhisattva of the wheel was on scene to prevent karma from inflicting collateral damage - this time.

    I'd have been peeved had I been in a car trailing the tailgater at a reasonable distance, and had it careen into me.

    It took twenty five years but the Masshole driver in me has been thoroughly extinguished by the West Coast mellow.

    ReplyDelete