Monday, March 19, 2018

Social Media in the Post 9/11 World: Interpretive Machinima


I was chasing down mixes of a track that I like, and I found this one quite compelling.

All of the scenes are CGI, from commercial video games. Including the first one, which is pretty photo-realistic. This isn't professional; I don't believe, it's something a gamer put together. And it's pretty cool!

This is where the young people of today live their emotional lives. It's a rich world. Too bad it's not real... but how real is ours, anyway?

We all tell ourselves stories about who we are. This is a good thing; language and words are literally what keep our brains from devolving down to "smart-ass chimp" level.

With no other generation have those stories been so... augmented.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that ALLOT lewy. I watched it twice, the second time full screen. I was mesmerized!

    The future belongs to the younger generations. We'll see what they make of it. Lord knows my generation and my mom's generation were asleep at the wheel. We were too busy accumulating all that shiny stuff to look up.

    ReplyDelete