Thursday, July 15, 2021

Farewell

 Farewell, my sweet Mama-Lou.

I already miss you so very much. Life wasn't always easy for you, but you had many good years and good times too. You were a wonderful mother to all your children. 

You raised us to be strong, and we will all go on. I will go back to writing and playing music, and all the things you loved about me, and encouraged me to do. 

I was crying on the deck when I heard a crash from my living room. I went in to find a painting on my wall had fallen. I thought "why in the world has this fallen? It's never fallen before." As I picked it up to rehang it, I knew.


Thank your for letting me know you are in a better place. I love you.

My Mama with my son and granddaughter, 2 weeks ago.




Mom as a little girl.


5 comments:

  1. So sorry lady red. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know that my thoughts are with you in this difficult time. Take comfort in knowing that your mother loved you and that her love will always be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much. It's been a sad couple of days, but we're all going to be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lady Red, I'm so sorry! Sending you my sincerest condolences and virtual hugs. May her memory be for a blessing.

    I lost my own dear mother just over a month ago, and it kind of feels like yesterday and also forever at the same time. i can't get my head round it.

    I wrote about her on my own blog. (sorry for the self-promotion, I wasn't sure about posting about her here).

    https://anneinpt.wordpress.com/2021/07/05/in-memory-of-my-mother-judy-prager-zl/

    (This is annie on my other google account).

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest condolences to you, lady red. You were a wonderful daughter to your folks. God bless.

    ReplyDelete