Tuesday, January 15, 2019

What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!

One of the rock and roll classics from the early 1960's is He's a Rebel by the Crystals. You know the song. The girl singing it loves her boyfriend. The big thing she loves about her boyfriend is that "he never ever does what he should." He doesn't take guff from anybody. Society does not like him, and the singer is not going to listen to a society that says her boyfriend will "never ever be any good."

Let's fast forward a few years. She gets the rebel to marry her. Then she finds out that when he says he does not take guff from anybody, that includes her. He starts knocking her around a bit. She becomes a feminist and blames his actions on his "toxic masculinity." She blames society for encouraging that toxic masculinity. Society -- that society she ignored when it told her he was bad news -- is now responsible for his behavior.



Tim Newman has a post today about a woman who applied for a job at the kind of company she always wanted to work at. It turns out that one of the people in the HR department of that company is a guy she had met through an online dating service. Besides the fact that Fate used its incisors in the woman's gluteus maximus, the interesting thing is where she said why she "unmatched" with him:

But as we chatted back and forth over the weeks, I realised he’d never really done anything off the expected life plan. He’d never messed up. He’d never travelled or been arrested or even bared his bum in public.

In short, he was too straighty-one-eighty for me.

I like my guys to have a past. Some perspective on life so they know what they’re doing is the right thing for them. I want them to have stories about being arrested in Amsterdam or streaking at the soccer in Rio.


She called the guy a "snoozefest."

I knew a young woman in the '70's who talked about how her boyfriend would hit her. She was not complaining. In fact, she said she could not have any respect for a guy who would not hit her.

Meanwhile I was raised to never hit a woman. But now I have none other than Gillette telling me I need to change my sexist ways. A marketing department run by a feminist had a guy from India telling American men that they should be better. Fortunately for the women in the video they have black men -- like those rappers who sing about bitches and ho's and the NFL players who knock their girlfriends unconscious in elevators -- to protect them.

So women tell us they like "bad boys," but they decry "toxic masculinity." And they celebrate women who act they way they say they hate men to act.

Hopefully their inanity will speak louder than their words.

7 comments:

  1. I never understood certain women being attracted to "bad" guys. Why would a woman (or anyone really) enjoy being treated like shit. I don't get it. While I don't want, or deserve, to be treated like a completely useless "girl" who needs to be coddled and taken care of in every way imaginable. I do like to be treated with respect, dignity and honour. I love having a door opened or held open for me, a man offering his seat on public transit, a genuine compliment, an offer of assistance or any number of other courtesies that are graciously given and received. It makes life for both sexes that much kinder and gentler.

    You can keep your bad boys. I'll stick with my lovely hubby who, as he notes in this post, was raised never to hit a woman. He was also taught all the other right things about being a man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was taught never to hit a woman, as well. That stuck. (Thank you, Dad.)

      I was also taught never to argue with a woman, because women were emotional, and men shouldn't waste time with emotional issues.

      Yeah that one didn't stick, because it seemed kinda piggish tbh. (Sorry Dad. It's not like I hid my opinion back in the day.)

      Not every aspect of the Old Ways™ is awesome.

      Delete
  2. Gillette's ad campaign is itself "toxic", and utterly absurd.

    Women don't want Pajama Boy for a mate. Ew. We want a mate that's kind, intelligent, and can change a flat tire or chop wood for the stove.

    I've been wondering how long this hatefest against white men can continue before the sleepy Saxon masses wake the hell up.

    Gillette is the enemy. Stop buying their product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haz a beard. They lost me years ago. 😏

      Delete
    2. An the hatefest IS against white men. It is only those who built the western world as it is today, and made it the envy of everyone else in terms of freedom, safety and economic opportunity who are being denigrated as toxic.

      Apparently that has become a synonym for successful.

      If you note, the societies that are closest to the west in success for their people are those who've copied us most closely (Japan, etc)

      Delete
  3. Gillette is getting a huge backlash. Most of us conservative types don't say much, we just respond with our $$$. Buy Schick!

    Oh! And Gillette is bullying and hate-filled company. :D

    ReplyDelete