Tuesday, January 2, 2018

And Lo! Before us!

Oh, thank heaven. After the terrible news that Orin Hatch will retire from the Senate at the end of his current term, a savior has come to ease our burden. Mitt Romney will consider accepting an anointment – I mean will consider running for Hatch’s seat in the Senate.

Already Romney’s Twitter feed shows him to be in Utah rather than Massachusetts. This is a good move. We need another Democratic Senator to oppose President Trump, even if that Senator is technically a Republican.

How can the country survive with a President who ran for the office pledging certain courses of action – and actually working to fulfil those pledges? What is he thinking? The peons might actually expect honesty from the elites if this is allowed to stand.

We need a Senator who runs as a Republican, then completely forgets every promise he made as a candidate and serves as a Democrat. We need a Senator who believes that when the Democrats are in the majority things need to be done the way Democrats want because they are in the majority, but when the GOP is in the majority things need to be done the way Democrats want because that is the fair thing to do.

And who would better serve the people of Utah as a Senator than the former governor of a liberal north-eastern state?

Romney needs to run. After all, you can’t have enough RINO’s working at Uni-Party headquarters.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I can certainly understand your viewpoint. Orrin Hatch always had dismal conservative ratings and he's been there 40 years. Although I thought he was a decent man, he's definitely a swamp creature as well and he should have retired 20 years ago.

    I have more mixed feelings about Romney. He is also a moderate but he'd definitely vote more often for a conservative agenda than would a democrat. I was hoping that Jason Chaffitz would run for the senate but it doesn't look like that will happen. Perhaps Mia Love will do it.

    A Utah poll from last Feb. show that Romney tops the list for name recognition, trustworthiness and voter preference. 71% favorable. Tough to beat those numbers. And, of course, it's the voters of Utah who will decide.

    Too bad Mike Lee can't be cloned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a comment somewhere this morning. It said something like "I do not like Trump the man but I do like Trump the President." I can understand that.

    Romney, however, has made it clear on a number of occasions that he thinks we would have been better off with Hillary as President than with Trump. How anyone can say that is beyond me and such a view should immediatly remove that person from any serious consideration for any position of importance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with what you're saying, Matt. Unfortunately, it's only the voters of Utah who will decide - like the voters of AZ who keep reelecting the useless quisling McCain. If Romney does indeed run, I'm willing to bet he wins (although why a man who was the republican nominee for president would settle for a senate seat is beyond me). Let's keep our fingers crossed that one of the other well-qualified republicans runs instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And as you may recall, I was pretty much a nevertrumpkin. But he's done some great things and I am still not tired of WINNING! That I can tell you :-)

    (and screw Bannon, he's the real traitor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand that , we had several discussions on the subject. What I do not understand is the "I will surrender if need be but that is OK as long as I am nice and the people who hate me like me" mentality that seems to be a rampant disease amongst the RINO's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romney is past his "sell by" date. Surely Utah will elect someone a bit more current.

    And yeah. I'm not tired of winning either. :)

    ReplyDelete