Sunday, July 10, 2016

Good News Indeed

Kris Kristofferson is a wonderful songwriter, and I was saddened when I heard that he had Alzheimer's.  But wait! Things are not as they seem! Miracles really do happen.
After noticing a sudden deterioration in his memory around a decade ago, the Me and Bobby McGee singer was misdiagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2013. 
But last month, Kristofferson received his second life-changing diagnosis when test results revealed his 'dementia' was in fact Lyme disease. 
Within just three weeks of starting treatment, his wife Lisa said her husband 'suddenly came back'.





3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's 80. Where do the years go? His songs were the first I learned on the guitar as a young teenager (plus the obligatory Animals version of House of the Rising Sun). His music resonates with me still...timeless and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I am shocked to find how old a famous person is. Then I remember that I will turn, er, 39 this year and, in this case, I have known of Kris Kristofferson since 1970 (pretty neat trick for someone turning 39 this year!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my faves. Love Kris, saw him live when he was still with Rita. She did a couple of songs with him. What a beautiful pair of people. Rita was stunning and Kris sooooo sexy. Oh, and the music was excellent also :)

    ReplyDelete