Thursday, July 31, 2014

More Aid to Syria

Please keep in mind as I pass along these public press releases to you that total spending by the U.S. Department of State amounts to less than 2% of the Federal Budget....

Secretary of State John F. Kerry announced today that the United States is providing nearly $378 million in additional U.S. aid to help those affected by the war in Syria. With this funding, total U.S. humanitarian assistance since the start of the crisis will reach more than $2.4 billion; with $1.2 billion helping over 4.7 million people inside Syria, and $1.2 billion helping nearly 3 million refugees and host communities in the neighboring countries affected by the crisis.


  1. It may only be 2%, but it still rankles. It's wasted money. I'd rather spend my money on infrastructure here at home, before the dams burst, the freeways buckle, the sewer pipes decay into dust, and the antiquated grid sputters its last brown out.

    It's not like we're buying peace and stability over there, is it?

  2. Yes, I agree. I don't care if it's .2%, I'm SICK TO DEATH of all the waste. Every agency, every gov't department, every decision our congress makes regarding our money, they all spend TOO DAMN MUCH OF IT. It's so easy to spend other people's money, our local idiots are just the same. Our property taxes are extremely high yet they just passed another school levy - you know, it's for the kids!! Meanwhile, our local high school just quietly announced they are buying Bally Gym for $2.2 million - a huge building a couple blocks from the school. They can't stay within a budget but they sure seem to have the extra $$$ to buy up surrounding properties.

  3. Change is only going to come one way.

  4. My point about the 2% was that if this much waste is ocurring in our little corner of the Budget, imagine what is going on in the other 98%!

    1. That comet flew over my head so fast I didn't see it.


  5. The entire budget is made up of only 50 groups of 2%.

    Funny what happens when voters threaten an initiative to cut taxes by 2%: police, fire, libraries, and schools face cuts of 20%.

    Of the people, for the people, by the people my ass.