Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day America

Odd thoughts on this day:

The 4th of July was my favorite holiday for over half a century. Today, the celebration seems somber. I fear that the divides within our nation cannot be resolved. No, let me rephrase...I feel certain that the divides within our nation cannot be resolved.

We are being invaded by hundreds of thousands of...children. It's a brilliant strategy on The Traitor JEM's part; how can you deny the children, you big meanies! They're cold! And hungry! (and teeming with diseases that will quickly overwhelm our ability to respond. This WILL become a national emergency.)

Why are educated people vowing to boycott Hobby Lobby? It's the most ignorant and knee-jerk thing I've ever heard.

If the Weather Channel denizens get any more excited about Hurricane Arthur their hearts may explode. What a big bucket of hyperventilation over a little wind and water.

On a less cynical note: it's a gorgeous day in the Ozarks. Lush and green, with flowers and water everywhere. A rustle of wind, a brilliant blue sky. Tonight, we'll watch the fireworks on the lake from our deck. I'll probably sip on a beer. Hubs is working a night shift caring for a disabled youngster, so he'll have tea in his glass. Happy 4th of July folks!

Also...Happy Birthday solus. You are truly and achingly missed.


5 comments:

  1. Somewhat late (on my part) Happy 4th to my husband and my American friends! Hope you all had a wonderful day with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! Tom had a gig yesterday about an hour away from our home. I followed him down south and stayed for a few numbers. On the long drive, I was listening to Michael Medved and a caller brought up "John Wayne: America, Why I Love Her" and they discussed it a bit. I told myself to be sure to look it up when I got home but of course, I forgot all about it. Thanks so much for posting it and for what you wrote, I couldn't agree more. Especially this shyte about a "war on women" - morons. Did you catch Little Debbie talking about the Republicans putting their "long arms up women's bodies"? I wish she would crawl back under the slimy rock she emerged from. OK, rant over. For now.

    I also forgot it was solus's birthday (and his alter-ego, Papijoe). I still miss him too. Thanks, Fay, for your good wishes, the 4th was always a special day in our family and although we don't get together at my folks anymore since dad is gone, we have lots of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete


  3. The 4th is t he birth of our nation.Period. Fly the flag. Or shrink to your holes, slithers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck you all...as as flag is raised once again. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How to tell if you are the ghost-dancer: if you look across society and you cannot identify the ghost-dancers, you are a ghost-dancer...

      Delete