Thursday, December 15, 2011

Those Pesky Little Christians Will Riot And Burn Stuff!

The Tebow-bashing (which is actually an assault on Christianity) gets even crazier...now a rabbi joins the fray. I read this story yesterday on Jewish Week, and was nonplussed. It has since been yanked, but I found it this morning, preserved on zee intarnetz FOREVAH AND EVAH here. A snippet:

If Tebow wins the Super Bowl, against all odds, it will buoy his faithful, and emboldened faithful can do insane things, like burning mosques, bashing gays and indiscriminately banishing immigrants. While America has become more inclusive since Jerry Falwell’s first political forays, a Tebow triumph could set those efforts back considerably.

Bob Beckel, the always-angry liberal nitwit on The Five, is a Christian. Yeah, it's news to me too...I'll bet he doesn't get invited to many Beltway cocktail parties. Anyhoo, he took exception to the rabbi's offensive words. In this video, Beckel calls him a "punk".



Here's a thought that should make the good rabbi's head explode: if Denver does make it to the Superbowl, they will in all likelihood be playing the Green Bay Packers. Their quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, is a...(dare I say it?) ...is a Christian. *gasp!* And not only is Aaron a Christian, he can fly! Beat that, Tim Tebow!


I believe I'll stock up on extra nacho-makings for the Big Game, because no matter who wins, the pesky little Christians will be riotin' on Wall Street and rapin' small furry animals and burnin' stuff and pillagin' all my beer. The rascals!

13 comments:

  1. The point was made in that video is that Christians will not get mad and do all of those things the ersatz Rabbi says. I wonder if these people realize that such talk could possibly drive people into churches because the real bigots are being exposed.

    BTW, I am loving the activity on the table. You can tell that we skule kids are either on break or close to it. Good posts, Lady Red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! Between crazy work schedules and crazy school schedules, we've all been really busy, haven't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am just waiting for my grades in my two DOPT classes. Hope they are good! I am sure that I at least passed them. Just by how much is the question now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this story yesterday as well. On The Five, lol.

    I *like* Bob Beckel! I don't often agree with him but he's not a hater.

    I love your pic of Aaron, lady red. Here's one I stole from a friend...

    img:"http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/obamaeconomy.jpg"

    I'm sure you'll get very high grades, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I apologize for the ridiculous words of that "Rabbi" - whose title I deliberately put into quotes because he's probably a Rabbi as much as I speak Chinese. His progressivism is more of a religion to him than Judaism. Since when does a Rabbi need to get involved in sports anyway? What an idiot.

    Interestingly enough when I clicked on the link to the Jewish Week within your link, I couldn't find the article anywhere. I wonder if it's a glitch or if it's been taken down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And good luck to all our young students in the Kitchen! I'm sure you'll ace them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dem Christians iz commin' ... and they gonna git all progressive swine!!

    imgw:"http://teutonicknightsdag.yolasite.com/resources/mid_m2tw_kingdoms_13_v32wfujoqr8c.jpg"

    ReplyDelete
  8. annie - it was taken down. The rabbi took it off his site, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FWIW, the rabbi apologized yesterday for his appalling lack of judgment. I'm glad he's not MY rabbi. Sheesh!

    Annie, you have absolutely NOTHING to apologize for! Intolerant bigots come in all stripes. He's just another yo-yo...I doubt many people will listen to him from now on.

    And thanks for the good wishes for all the "non-traditional" TCKT students! My grades will be posted at 5 this evening; I know I passed, but I'm curious to see if all my "gettin' up at four o'clock every mornin' to study" thang has paid off in better grades. We'll see! :)

    Aridog, I'm giggling at your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Florrie, LMAO at your #4! You find the best pics! :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with lady red, annie. You have NO reason to apologize. It had nothing to do with you, you've been an AMAZING ambassador for your community.

    lady red- you, Noah, and Matt are just amazing me. I wish I had an ounce of your determination... I might get my bathroom scrubbed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another voice here: Annie, you do not have to apologize. He does not represent you. He does not speak for you. By "you," I mean a rational, sane person. The fact that he is supposed to be a Rabbi just makes his statements more unfortunate.

    I find it ironic that he allegedly works to promoter "interfaith dialog" or some such. I believe men of good faith can get along on that basis and respect each other for their common visions. Bowing down in the name of "tolerance" to those who would destroy you does no one any good. As has been pointed out many times, Christianity (or Judaism) are often singled out because those that do so know they are on safe ground.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie - apology not accepted, because you have NOTHING to apologize for.

    I seem to remember similar stuff coming out when 'The Passion Of The Christ' was on the big screen, and nothing came of that.

    Why would a man with the title of rabbi (who I always thought was supposed to be knowledgable and wise) would know better than to say such a foolish thing.

    ReplyDelete