Friday, December 23, 2011

A Non-Musical Christmas Carol

I've just seen the schedule for next year's Reitz Theater (our local playhouse) productions.

At the Christmas season, they plan to put on Charles  Dickens' glorious tale of sin and redemption.

I've been waiting for this.

I will audition for the part of Marley's Ghost.

In the meantime, please enjoy this lovely little novella, originally published in 1843, with a length of just 66 pages.

No matter how hard I try, I do not think any other author has made such an impression on the world in so short a space.

6 comments:

  1. G-d Bless Us, Every One!

    *tinkling wine glasses with everyone*

    We'll be cheering for you DWT! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful, enduring story. It's been many years since I've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to find time to get back on the stage. It is a lot of fun. Break a leg to you.

    And, along with Lady Red, a heartfelt Christmas toast to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dances for the excerpt from that wonderful old classic.

    Good luck on the audition!

    And Cheers to everyone at the table! img:"http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dances, yeah, break a leg! We'll be rooting for you. Scavenge some old chains and practice! :)

    I was in awe of A Christmas Carol when I was young. It really put the fear of God into me, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother read it every year. She had an old copy of it. I wonder where that went.

    ReplyDelete