Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bunny Wunny

From the pen of John Kass at the Chicago Tribune:

Is President Barack Obama on the verge of being attacked by a bunny wabbit?

Absolutely.

All the signs suggest that Obama is in immediate danger of a rabbit attack. It would ruin what's left of his presidency. And it would horrify Democrats by ushering in, say, a President Bachmann.

It might happen while he's on that ridiculous vacation of his. Obama is chilling at some exclusive multimillion-dollar estate on Martha's Vineyard, even as thousands more Americans hit the unemployment lines, and as Republicans like Michele Bachmann make wild-eyed, crazed claims about bringing back $2 per gallon gas.

"I think it's a little too early yet for the president to be attacked by a rabbit," cautioned a veteran Chicago Democrat wise in the ways of Obama. "But it's close. Real close."

Read it all here.

H/T: Zip


8 comments:

  1. You know JEM is in trouble when even the Trib holds him up to ridicule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Secret Service is on it. They have already shut down the Twitter account of every rabbit on Martha's Vineyard. Count on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 5 years old when the rabbit attack happened, and I remember it clearly. Then again, my parents had be phone banking when I was 8, so the political stuff tended to stick in my head.

    I also clearly remember when Elvis died (and I was only 3 when that happened). My Mom cried for a week, and my Dad was completely nonplussed about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, AFW, Since Elvis dies on my 21st birthday and you are 29, that means it was 26 years ago, so I am 47. I'll take that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol!! I love this thread!!

    ReplyDelete