Friday, April 30, 2010

Arizona: A Return To Sanity

On Thursday, the Arizona House sent Governor Jan Brewer a bill that ix-nays certain ethnic studies programs.

The new bill would make it illegal for a school district to teach any courses that promote the overthrow of the U.S. government, promote resentment of a particular race or class of people, are designed primarily for students of a particular ethnic group or "advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals." 

I can't believe we ever funded these programs.  Good job, Arizona. 







Arizona is such a beautiful place.

10 comments:

  1. I've been playing with text colors. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means "no" in Pig Latin :O)

    Like, es-yay or aybe-may (yes, maybe)

    Do you not speak the Ancient Tongue floranista?

    :OD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, I am just a-hurrying wayyyy too much!
    Ix-nay on the oranista-flay response!
    It was for ay-fay :O&

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for going on-topic ;-), but it is about time someone took this action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, Fay doesn't speak igpay atinlay?

    A little speck of trivia...have you ever heard the derogatory term Blacks sometimes use, Ofay? I was in my 30's before someone clued me in that it was pig latin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Matt, bravo to Arizon. They are showing some real courage in the face of all the negative reactions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet Arizona is getting a much better response than the MSM is letting on.

    ReplyDelete